Beef Fry Roasted Coconut Masala Ingredients:
- Beef – 500 gms (cut into bite size cubes)
- Chilli powder – 1.5 – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 – 2.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Onion – 2 medium, chopped
- Ginger & garlic – 1 – 1.5 tsp, each crushed/grated
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
To roast and grind
- Grated coconut – ½ – ¾ cup (refer notes)
- Whole black pepper – ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds (perumjeerakam) – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds (uluva) – ¼ tsp
- Cardamom – 4
- Cloves – 5
- Cinnamon – a small piece
- Small/pearl onion – 10-12, sliced
How to Prepare:
- Heat oil in a pan and roast the ingredients listed under ‘to roast and grind’ till it becomes golden brown in colour. Let it cool. Grind it to a fine powder without adding water.
- Marinate the cleaned beef with chilli, coriander, turmeric powder, chopped onion, ginger, garlic,curry leaves and salt. Add ¼ cup water to this and pressure cook till beef is done (refer notes). If there is excess water, cook till it dries completely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cooked beef, stir for a few mins. Add the ground masala. Add curry leaves and mix well. Cook till the beef is roasted well and the roasted powder starts separating from the beef. Add pepper powder and mix well. Remove from fire and serve hot with rice/parotta.