Whole Wheat Pasta Mushroom Sauce ingrediants:
- 50 gm shitake mushroom-soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 100 gm fresh mushroom-sliced
- 1 Tbsp chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme or fresh parsley, chopped
- 30 ml white wine
- 100 gm whole wheat pasta-penne or linguine
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
How to Prepare:
- Put the pasta in boiling salted water for the time specified on the packet. Whilst the pasta is boiling prepare the sauce.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil, add mushroom and wine.
- Once the wine has evaporated, add some of the water in which shitake mushroom was soaked.
- Add salt, herbs and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add to the sauce with a little bit of pasta water. Serve at once.